Thursday, November 6, 2008

Conference call with God

This blog posting is for one of my best friends, Christina. She is fighting a brain tumor yet remains one of the strongest people I have ever known. Her husband, Jack, has named her Wonder Woman and she truly is just that! Jack asked us to pray today (Thursday, November 6, 2008) at noon for Christina in what he called a "conference call with God." Knowing I might lose track of time, I made sure to set my cell phone alarm clock for 10:59am (since we are an hour behind EST). Jackson and I were in the car driving home from a doctor's appointment and I had just enough time to pull off the interstate before it was time to pray. Jack had asked for as many people as possible to pray for Christina so I figured even though Jackson is only 2 years old his prayer counted just as much as someone older. I had him hold my hands while I said my prayer and then he said his own. Here's Christina. I stole this picture off her CaringBridge site. I love it because this says CHRISTINA to me!

Here's a quick video--re-enacted. Jackson actually said the prayer himself but in the video he had to be prompted (we have been practicing for 2 days so he was ready)! We love you Christina and pray for you everyday!!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness...so sweet! We've started bedtime prayers with Tate as well...it's the cutest thing ever.

Many prayers for peace and healing for your friend!