Friday, January 15, 2010

Judgement Day

I cannot believe we are making this public knowledge but here goes----Here is Anna at 10 months old eating a Cheeto cheese puff. I know---I can already hear your gasps
Yes, I cannot cannot CANNOT believe it is MY child I am allowing to eat a Cheeto Cheese Puff at 10 months old! (even though they are my absolute favorite chip I would never never admit that to anyone and never buy them because I will eat the whole bag.) As far as chips go they are probably one of the most unhealthy. The reason Anna is eating one is because we are FINALLY on our way to getting her to eat. The speech therapist that we are now seeing told me how I could crush one up and put it in her gums, just like a baby food puff, and she might eat them. Well, low and behold she ate TWO last night for dinner! Picked them up and ate them!! This is really the first time she's ever eaten anything not being yogurt and I was so excited. Plus they have calories as puffs do not. So...from now on I will NEVER NEVER judge another mother for what I see her feed her child because you just never know what the background story is. I also can report that Anna ate almost an entire Ritz cracker for lunch today--another first! Go girl! In 6 months we are finally on our way to eating and hopefully along with that a little more weight gain!!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

That first picture cracks me up like she's saying, "Are you sure about this?" :)

Well, I think you know what I think. Whatever it takes! It's so hard to understand different parenting struggles until you've walked in those shoes. You will have an entirely new appreciation for anyone else going through something similar. I'm proud of you and excited for Anna. And you'll get your favorite treat out of the deal, too. :)